COLLECT BANANA BOXES
We rely on banana boxes to hold and transport gleaned crops. You can help us prepare for the upcoming season by collecting banana boxes from grocery stores, corner stores, food pantries, or anywhere that sells bananas.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- At your convenience, stop by grocery stores, food pantries or anywhere that sells bananas, and ask an employee if they have any empty banana boxes (with lids!) available to donate to a local hunger relief agency.
- Note: You do not need to register online to volunteer.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: We ask that you only collect and drop off boxes that are fully intact. Please avoid boxes that are torn, ripped, soiled, wet or flappy. This saves us the time and energy from needing to break down and recycle. Thanks so much!!!
- Fit as many boxes into your car as you are able.
- Deliver to Boston Area Gleaners: 240 Beaver St. in Waltham. Enter the parking lot on the left side of the brick University of Massachusetts building, and park outside the gray tent (pictured right).
- Stack boxes inside the tent on a pallet.
- Sign your name on the sign-in sheet so we can know how many boxes you helped to collect.
Questions? Please email Jack at jack[at]bostonareagleaners.org.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING US OUT!