COLLECT BANANA BOXES
We rely on banana boxes to hold and transport gleaned crops. You can help us prepare for the upcoming season by collecting banana boxes from grocery stores, corner stores, food pantries, or anywhere that sells bananas.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- At your convenience, stop by grocery stores, food pantries or anywhere that sells bananas, and ask an employee if they have empty banana boxes (with lids!) available to donate to a local hunger relief agency.
- Note: You do not need to register online to volunteer.
- Fit as many boxes into your car as you are able.
- Deliver the boxes to Boston Area Gleaners: 240 Beaver St. in Waltham. Enter the parking lot on the left side of the brick University of Massachusetts building, and park outside the gray tent (pictured right).
- Drop off and stack boxes inside the tent.
- Sign your name on the sign-in sheet so we can know how many boxes you helped to collect.
Questions? Please email Jack at jack[at]bostonareagleaners.org.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING US OUT!